Below you’ll find some helpful tips on how to improve your videos for social media. I hope you’ll find it helpful.
1. ALWAYS clean the camera lens even on your mobile before shooting. Trust me, I can tell when people don’t.
2. I always recommend shooting a little wider than you think you might need – Do a trial of one rep and review the video – Did you cut anything off?
3. Take a little time to make sure the camera/phone is straight, even an untrained eye can spot this.
4. Sunlight is a tricky thing, if you are recording outside, try to be in the shade. Check your review that you are not too bright or dark.
5. Phones are amazing at letting you cut your videos so you can have a clean start and finish to the exercises. If it’s a longer video (longer than a minute for IGTV sometimes it’s nice to see you push the start and stop – Makes it more real)
6. Instagram posts only allow videos clips up to 59 seconds long but it will allow you to post 10 separate clips – This is much easier for everyone.
7. It’s best to shoot videos in portrait mode than landscape for insta.
8. Visually, it’s actually better to put the phone farther away and zoom in a bit. This prevents aspect distortion. What I mean by that is try taking a selfie holding the phone close to your face, you’ll notice you want to hold the phone as far as possible for the best angle. That’s the same for the exercises.
9 If you want longer legs, put the phone lower shooting up when recording, this will make your legs longer.
10. If you send me the videos as long as you are in no hurry, I will do a nice edit on them were possible for you.
11. Get linkTree for your bio link. It will allow you to post multiple links in your bio page. Links in posts don’t work and people can’t copy and past links even if you do put them in. You can direct people to your bio link where the link to what your referencing will be active – It will also have money touch points for people. You always want to make buying as easy as possible. I will gladly walk you through how to do this. in fact I’ll send you a 50 second video I made for how to use it – Don’t worry if you’re not techie.
12. Consider doing something fun or cute during a video – Like yelling “WOW, this one is a killer!” or “You can do this!” ” Feel the burn” “Zucchini tastes better with ketchup” or what ever. Funny things keep the mood light. Remember, if you’re far away, to yell any instructions.
13. If you’re doing a series of short videos perhaps use the first one to explain everything you’re going to do in the following ones.
14, If you have a blooper, consider keeping it for an outtake at the end? People love personality and YOU HAVE IT!
15. Every one in a while, yell out, “Paul Buceta is a living legend!” I kid but it made me and hopefully you, chuckle… See, people like personality!
When uploading a video that IS NOT square, you have to click on the icon below;
Click this for original composition – Located bottom left of upload.
Click the + icon to upload video
When you select the video you’ll notice it defaults to square
Click the icon circled to bring back original composition